Most times, a document created using Google Slides would have to be converted to other formats to suit the purposes or devices to be used for its presentation and delivery. This article contains the various ways to download a Google Slides presentation and convert to Microsoft PowerPoint presentation, image, and PDF.
It also contains a brief background of Google Slides.
Download Google Slides as PowerPoint (.PPTX)
To download Google Slides presentation to PowerPoint (PPTX), here are the following steps:
- Open Google Drive.
- Select the slides you intend to convert to PowerPoint. You can specifically choose them via the menu by clicking three horizontal lines located at the top left of the page and click “Slides”
- Click file in the open presentation.
- Click download and choose Microsoft PowerPoint.
To find the document after it has been downloaded depends on the type of browser used.
- In Google Chrome, you can check it out in the download bar located at the bottom of the browser window.
- In Microsoft Edge, a dialog box is located at the bottom of the browser which will show options for opening or saving the file.
- For Firefox, a dialog box will also appear with options of opening the file in PowerPoint or saving it into the computer’s hard drive.
The slides can also be converted automatically to save more time by getting the task done faster. Insync is a software that can perform automatic conversion and download well. To convert and download Google Slides presentation automatically with Insync, here are the following steps:
- Open Insync and access your Account settings on it.
- Click the conversion tab.
- Choose convert to Microsoft Office.
- Click Apply to save your settings.
Download Google Slides as Images (.Jpeg and .PNG)
You can convert a Google Slides presentation into images if you want to share it with a printing company or device. Converting to image format is also needed if the slides are to be shared on a website. This can be carried out directly on Google Slides and uploaded to the website.
To download Google Slides presentation as Jpeg or PNG images, here are the following steps:
- Open the Google Slides file with a browser. Log in to Google Drive first and open the file to be saved as an image with Google Slides.
- Select the slide to save as an image. You will see the image among a list of slides on the left side of the window.
- Click the file tab located at the top of the window and select the download option.
- Choose Jpeg or PNG.
You can use or download the edited image just the the same way you can do the same for the image. Google Slides will save only the current slide as an image. It won’t save all the slides together. You will need to convert each of the slides to Jpeg or PNG formats and downloaded.
Download Google Slides as PDF
After creating a presentation, a PDF version would be needed so it can be opened by any kind of computer, mobile device, operating system, presentation software, whether there is an internet connection or not. Converting a slide to PDF is one of the best and most popular methods.
To download Google Slides presentation as a PDF file, here are the following steps:
- Open Google Slides, click the file button located at the top toolbar and click “Print settings and Preview”.
- A menu will appear at the top of the screen for you to change your preferences. You can convert to PDF with notes, choose a vertical orientation, download one slide per page, and include speaker notes. You can now click “close” to end the preview.
- Once again, click the file button and choose “download as” in the drop-down menu.
- Choose PDF document (.PDF).
About Google Slides
Just like Google Docs and Google Sheets, Google Slides allows users to create documents, store them online and share with others (most times by email).
Formerly known as Google Presentations, Google Slides is one of the products of Google Inc. which is generally an alternative to Microsoft Office’s PowerPoint as it is compatible with its formats. It is available as a web-based app for Windows, Android, iOS, and Blackberry operating systems.
It is also available as a desktop app on Google Chrome’s operating system. Google Slides also works with other Google products such as Google Docs, Google Forms, Google Sheets, Google Sites, Google Keep, Google Drawings, and Google Workspace (formerly known as G Suite).
Google Slides users can carry out operations such as creating and editing files online as well as real-time collaborations with other users. With a Chrome extension on the Google Chrome web browser, users can also perform editing without connecting to the internet. This offline editing operation is also possible with Android and iOS mobile device apps.
Google Slides presentation files stores as slides format by default and cannot be larger than 100MB in size. Images used with the slides are in Jpeg, PNG, or gif formats and cannot be larger than 50MB.