Have you just upgraded from PS4 to PS5 and don’t know how to transfer your game data and files from your old gaming console to the new one? If yes, then worry no more, as this article will walk you through the fastest way to transfer data from PS4 to PS5.
The quickest way to transfer data from a PlayStation 4 to a 5 console is through a Wi-Fi network or internet connection. You can also transfer data using a USB storage device or from your cloud storage. Read on to learn how these three methods work.
PS4 to PS5 Data Transfer Using WiFi
To transfer data from PS4 to PS5 using this method, you need a modem or internet connection which has to be connected to both the PS4 and PS5 consoles. You also need a monitor or preferably two monitors connected to each of the consoles. After setting this up, you can now proceed to transfer your data. Here is how:
- Turn on your PS5, sign in to your profile, and go to “Settings”.
- Next, select “System”, “System Software” and finally “Data Transfer”. A list of warnings will be displayed, go through them and click “Continue”.
- Next, turn on your PS4 and sign in to your profile.
- Connect your PS4 and PS5 to the same network and search for your PS4 on your PS5.
- Immediately the PS5 locates your PS4, quickly long press the power button on your PS4 until it beeps.
- Next, a list of all the saved files on your PS4 will pop up on your PS5. Choose all the data you want to transfer and in the case where you want to transfer all the files simply pick the “Select All” option and click on “Next”.
- You can also select games or any app you would like to transfer and click “Next”.
- Finally, click the “Start Transfer” option and your files will start to transfer.
When the transfer is finished, wait for your PS5 to install all the files and that’s it!
PS4 to PS5 Data Transfer Using a USB Storage Device
You can also transfer data through a USB storage device like a hard drive. Follow the steps below to achieve this:
- Insert your Hard drive into your PS4 and go to “Settings”.
- Next, navigate to the “Application Saved Data Management” and “Saved Data in System Storage” options respectively.
- Select the “Copy to USB storage device” option.
- Scroll through select all the data you want to transfer and click on “Copy”.
- After transferring to your PS4, remove the hard drive and connect it to your PS5.
- On your PS5, go to Settings and select Saved Data and Game Settings.
- Next, select Saved Data PS4 and click on the USB drive.
- Finally, click on “Copy to Console Storage” and all the data/files will be copied to your PS5.
PS4 to PS5 Data Transfer from Cloud Storage
Another way to transfer data from your PS4 to PS5 is by downloading the saved data/files from Cloud Storage. However, to use this method, you need to be subscribed to PlayStation Plus. Here’s how it works:
- Go to Settings and click on Application Saved Data Management.
- Next, select the “Saved data in system storage” option and click on “Upload to Online Storage”.
- Go to the Options button, choose either the multiple files transfer option or the individual file transfer option and click on “Upload”
- Next, turn on your PS4 and go to Settings, select Saved Data and Game Settings option
- Navigate to download to console storage and scroll through to select all the saved data/files you want to transfer to your PS5 and click the download button.
- Finally, Go to Settings Storage and locate all saved data in your storage, click on PS4 and all the transferred data/ files on your PS5 will be displayed.
Also Read: How to Use PlayStation Remote Play.