Do you know you can run Microsoft Windows 10 OS on your Apple computer? Have you also heard about the Boot Camp Assistant or know its functions? In this article, you will discover how to install Windows 10 on your MacBook with Boot Camp Assistant.
Boot Camp is a multiboot utility pre-installed on Apple’s macOS. It allows you to install Windows operating systems on Intel-based Apple computers.
To install Windows on Mac, your MacBook computer must be running on an Intel processor. You also need to possess the following:
- A minimum of 64GB storage space on your hard disk, i.e., your Mac startup disk. We recommend you have at least 128GB of free storage space.
If you own an Apple MacBook Pro, your Mac startup disk space must be 128GB or more.
- A USB flash drive with a storage space of at least 16GB. You can waive this requirement if your Mac doesn’t need an external storage drive to install Windows.
- An installation or ISO file for Windows 10 Pro or Windows 10 Home (Full OS version). Be aware that you might need a Windows product key to install the new operating system.
Follow the instructions below to download a free ISO file for Windows 10:
- Visit Microsoft’s official website on your Mac
- Click on the Select Edition button, and select Windows 10 (multi-edition ISO)
- Confirm your request and wait for verification
- Choose your preferred language and click on Confirm.
- Then click on 64-bit Download to start the download.
Easy Steps to Install Windows on Mac
Here are seven steps to follow in installing the Windows 10 OS on your MacBook:
- Open the Boot Camp Assistant app on your MacBook and click on the Continue button.
- Click on Choose a Windows 10 ISO file and then select the Windows 10 file previously downloaded.
- Move the bar to select a size for your Windows partition disk, which must be at least 42GB
- Click on Install and wait for your PC to create the partition, which usually takes about ten minutes.
- Go through the setup. (Input a product key to complete the process, which takes up to ten minutes too.)
- Select your preferred language language, keyboard layout, and others.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account if you have one.
- Install and update Boot Camp.
- Restart your computer.
- When the screen goes blank, hold the Option key for five seconds.
- Choose the Operating System you want to run on your PC.
Having installed Windows 10 on your MacBook computer, you can choose whether you want to run macOS or Microsoft Windows 10 when restarting your PC. So feel free to make the most of your Mac and enjoy running a variety of Windows apps on it.