Xbox is a renowned video game console manufactured by Microsoft Corporation. It has different models, such as the Xbox 360, Xbox One, and Xbox Series S/X. Unlike PlayStation games that require an emulator to run on your PC, Xbox games can play naturally without any installation. In this article, you’ll discover how to play Xbox games on your laptop.
Requirements to play Xbox games on your laptop
You need a PC with Windows 10 or 11 to run Xbox games. And for live streaming, at least 2 gigabytes of storage is required for smooth game streaming on your PC.
To get started, you need to set up your system by enabling the remote play feature from the console. Here is how to do this:
- Firstly, you have to turn on your console. Proceed by clicking on “Settings” on your PC and selecting the “Device and connection” option.
- Next, click on “remote features” and tick the checkbox close to enable remote features.
- Navigate to the “Xbox app preference” option and click on it
- Select either “Allow connections from any device” or “Only from Profile signed in on this Xbox console” option. After this, select the “Allow game streaming to other devices” option
- Finally, return to the “remote features menu” and select “Test remote play”.
Now you are done setting up, the next thing is to turn on the Xbox console and connect to your laptop.
How to Play Xbox Games on your Laptop with Xbox Console
- Download the XBOX app from the Xbox official website or the Microsoft store.
- Open the app on your Windows PC
- Look through the app and search for the “Console box” located at the top of the app. Then click on it.
- Next, connect your Xbox Console to your PC using either Bluetooth or USB cord connection.
- Go to your PC and click on the “Start” button. Type Xbox console companion on the search bar and click on “Open”.
- Navigate to the left sidebar, click on the “Xbox console Icon” and a connection box will pop up.
- Next, select the Xbox console of your choice that you want to connect to.
- Finally, click on “stream” to start playing any game of your choice.
How to Play Xbox Games on your Laptop Without a Console
You can also play Xbox games directly on your laptop without using the Xbox console. You can achieve this by using the Xbox Play Anywhere version. Here is how to go about it:
- Firstly, search for “Xbox Play Anywhere app” on the Microsoft Store or their website and download it.
- Next, scroll through the available games, purchase, and click on the game you would like to play.
- Click on Install and click LAUNCH thereafter.
- Next, click on “Open Xbox” and the Xbox will launch the game listing. Click on my library located on the left sidebar and click on the game to launch it.
Also Read: How to Update Xbox.