There are several reasons why you might want to return items you ordered from Amazon, the most popular being the scenery of ‘what I ordered Vs what I got‘.
While it’s fun to see an adult try on a mini-sized jacket or an extremely oversized one too, it’s easier to laugh when he knows he can return it and get his money refunded.
When there is an error in processing an order, or a customer misreads the description of an item, and the wrong item is delivered to that customer, Amazon offers an option to return the item and get a refund.
If what you ordered on Amazon is different from what was delivered to you, follow these steps to return the item:
Related: How to Cancel Amazon Order
Returning An Order Or Gift On Amazon
To return an order or gift on Amazon follow these steps:
- Login into your Amazon account then Go to Your Orders to display your recent orders. For returning a gift, go to Return a Gift.
- Select the item you want to return and select Return or Replace Items.
- After that, select an option from the Reasons provided on the return menu for why you want to return the item.
- Select how the return will be processed.
- If applicable, select to issue a refund or replacement.
- For items sold by an Amazon merchant, you’ll see ‘Submit return request‘. The Amazon merchant will review the return requests before issuing a refund or replacement.
- There is more information, on Returns to Third-Party Sellers. If you don’t receive a response within two business days, you can request an A-to-z Guarantee Refund
- Select your most preferred method of return.
- Then Print the return label and return authorization, after that, place your return label (if applicable) on the packaged items for return.
How Long Does It Take To Get My Refund?
This depends on the state of the order, that is the method of payment used for processing the order. Some orders get an option for an instant refund, however, it can take up to 30 days for Amazon to process your returned order and issue a refund. The good news is that while you wait for your refund, you can also track your return.
Does Everyone Qualify For Instant Refunds?
If you want to get your money back without having to wait for Amazon to process your refund, you can choose Instant Refund, but it doesn’t always work, depending on what you ordered.
However, instant refunds can be credited to your credit card or converted to an Amazon Gift Card balance. Even if you have the option of receiving an instant refund, you must still return your product within 30 days.
Do I Have to Pay Shipping for Amazon Returns?
Yes, you still have to pay your return shipping fee, even if it was free to ship when you ordered. But if the description says “free return”, you don’t have to pay a fee.
Can I Return Amazon Items In-Store?
Yes, you can return Amazon items in-store at select locations. Here’s how:
Step 1: Go to the Amazon Return Center
Visit the Amazon Return Center and select “Return Items” from the menu.
Step 2: Choose the Item You Want to Return
Find the item you want to return and click on the “Return or replace items” button.
Step 3: Select a Drop-Off Location
Choose a drop-off location from the list of options provided. You’ll need to bring the item and the return label to the drop-off location.
Step 4: Drop Off the Item
Take the item and the return label to the drop-off location you selected. The staff will help you complete the return process.
Can I Return Digital Orders?
Step 1: Go to the Digital Orders Page
Log into your Amazon account and go to the digital orders page.
Step 2: Find the Item You Want to Return
Find the item you want to return and click on the “Return for Refund” button.
Step 3: Choose a Reason for the Return
Select a reason for the return from the list of options provided.
Step 4: Submit the Return Request
Click on the “Submit” button to complete the return request. Amazon will process your refund within a few days.
Returning Amazon items is a simple and straightforward process. Whether you’re returning something in-store or online, Amazon has made it easy for you to get your money