It is very important to update your Android apps regularly so they can function better. Updates also secure your apps and fix errors that come with them. In this article, we will walk you through how to update apps on Android mobile devices.
You can update Android apps manually or automatically. Read on to find out how these two processes work.
How to Update Android Apps Manually on the Google Play Store
Follow the guide below to manually update your Android apps:
- Firstly, locate the Google Play Store app on your phone and open it.
- Next, tap the “Profile page” at the top right corner of the app.
- After that, you will see a list of options, select the “Manage apps and device” option.
- Next, tap on “See details” and a list of all the apps available for update will pop up.
- Finally, tap “Update” on the apps you would like to update. But if you want to update all your apps, simply tap “Update all” at the top of the page.
How to Update Android Apps Automatically on the Google Play Store
You can also decide to do an automatic update. If you do this type of update, your apps will automatically update when necessary or whenever updates are available. So with this option, your apps will always be up-to-date.
Here is how to go about it:
- Open the Google Play Store app on your Android and tap on your “Profile” at the top page of the app.
- Next, tap on “Settings” and select “Network preferences”. Three options will pop up, tap on the “Auto-update apps”. option.
- After this, you will see three options- “Over wifi only, Over any network, and Don’t auto-update apps” options. Select any of the first two options and that’s it, you are done activating Automatic Updates for your apps.
There is another alternative app to Google Play Store where you can manually update your Android apps, it is known as Aurora Store.
Follow the steps below to learn how to use this app for your manual update:
- Download the latest version of the Aurora store app from their official website, install the app, and open it.
- Next, an installer page will pop up, choose the “Session installer” option and tap the “Next” button.
- Next, select a theme of your choice and tap “Next” to continue.
Related: How To Run Android Apps on Windows 10.
- Tap “Grant” to give the app permission.
- Next, select the “Anonymous” option and tap on “Update” at the bottom of the next page.
- Next, you will see a list of all apps with updates. You can decide to individually update the apps or you tap on the “Update All” option and you are done.
Read Next: Gucci vs Balenciaga – Buyer’s Guide.