Are you an Android user looking for a quick guide on how to upload a video on YouTube? Do you have a skill or product that you would like to showcase through the app? Or do you have a passion for content creation and would love to upload videos of yourself performing one stunt or the other? Now is the time to get started!
YouTube is a well-known video streaming platform that allows anyone to upload a variety of videos, provided they are in line with specific policies and guidelines. There is an earning section that allows people to get paid for uploading content, and many young adults have used the app as a side hustle to support their earnings.
Types of videos you can upload on YouTube
You can upload almost any type of video on YouTube, except porn and copyrighted videos (content owned by another person). Provided that your video meets YouTube’s policies, you can upload videos of the following genres on this platform:
- Short films and videos
- Video game walkthroughs
- DIY videos
- Challenge videos
- Facts, science, and technology videos
- Educational videos
- Workout videos
- Items unboxing and reviews
- Fashion-related videos
- Comedy skits
- Music videos
- Travel videos
- How-to Guides and tutorials
- Documentaries of any sort
9 Easy Steps to Upload a Video on YouTube using An Android Phone or Tablet
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to upload any video on YouTube:
- If you do not have the app, go to the Play Store app and download the app.
- Open the app and sign in with your email. When you’re done, you will be directed to the home screen.
- Click on you at the bottom-right corner of your screen. When you click on it, you will be directed to your account. There, you will see the name you have chosen for your account boldly written.
- Click on Create a channel. When you click on create a channel, you will be directed to a section that allows you to create a youtube handle.
- Click on the Create Channel button after inputting your preferred name.
- Beside your handle, you will notice a View channel option. Click on the button.
- Then click Create to proceed.
- Select the Upload a video option. You will be led to a page that requires you to give the app access to videos on your device.
- Now you can upload any content of your choice.
Is it free to upload a video to YouTube?
Yes, it’s absolutely free to content creators and everyone else who wants people to see their videos worldwide. You won’t pay any fee to upload a video on YouTube, even on a monetized account.
How do I upload HD videos to YouTube?
The steps in uploading a High-Definition video on YouTube are the same as the one above. Simply launch your YouTube mobile app, select the video, and add your preferred title and description. Afterwards, tap on Publish to upload the video with its highest available format in HD.
Remember that HD videos deliver the best quality to both mobile and PC audiences.