Are you wondering how to use PlayStation Remote Play or want to know how it works? If yes, read on as we walk you through the steps in doing this.
PS Remote Play is a Sony PlayStation® feature that allows you to control your gaming console remotely from a smartphone, provided you have a fast internet connection. You can access this feature by downloading the PS Remote Play app from Google Play Store or Apple App Store. Most importantly, you must own a PS4 or PS5 console to play your games remotely from your Android phone/tablet, iPad, or iPhone.
Let’s get down to business!
How to Set Up PS Remote Play on PS5 Console
Here are the steps for setting up PlayStation Remote Play on a PS 5 console, whether fat or slim.
- Turn on your PlayStation 5 console and go to Settings
- Select System > Remote Play
- Then select Enable Remote Play.
Be aware that you only have to take these steps the first time you use PS Remote Play. Moreover, you can set up your PS 5 console for Remote Play while in rest mode by following the instructions below.
- Go to Settings > System
- Select Power Saving > Features Available in Rest Mode
- Then check the box that says ‘Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS5 from Network.’
How to Set Up PS Remote Play on PS4 Console
If you own a PlayStation 4 console and would like to set up Remote Play on it, take the following steps without any exception.
- Select Settings from your PS4 function screen
- Go to Remote Play Connection Settings
- Then select Enable Remote Play to turn on the feature.
Alternatively, you can;
- Go to Settings and then select Account Management
- Choose Activate as Your Primary PS4 and select Activate.
Note that you can also set up the Remote Play feature while in rest mode on your PS4 console by following the guide below.
- Navigate to Settings
- Select Power Save Settings and then open Set Features Available in Rest Mode.
- Then enable ’Stay Connected to the Internet and Enable Turning on PS4 from Network.’
How to Use PlayStation Remote Play on a Mobile Device
Follow the instructions below to run PlayStation Remote Play from an Android smartphone, tablet, or Apple iPhone.
- Turn on your PS 4 or 5 console. If your console is in Rest Mode, you can still start PlayStation Remote Play without turning it on.
- Download the PS Remote Play app from Google Play Store or Apple iTunes Store.
- Launch the app on your mobile device and sign in to PSN. Ensure using the same account logged in your game console.
- Select PS5 or PS4. (Once connected, your TV screen will display the same as your PS Remote Play app.)
Be aware that you need to repeat these steps each time you want to connect your PS4 or PS5 console to your smartphone. However, you can select the console from the PS Remote Play app since you have previously connected it to your PlayStation console.
Related: How to Create a Web Server.
How to Cancel PlayStation Remote Play
If you want to stop using your phone or tablet to control your PlayStation console remotely, take the steps below one after the other.
- Tap on your screen while running the PS Remote Play app on your mobile device. Doing so will make your on-screen controller buttons to display.
- Select Options at the lower-right corner of your screen to access your control panel.
- Go to Settings and then select Disconnect. (Once done, you will see a message on your screen that ‘This Remote Play session will be disconnected.’)
To cancel Remote Play while in rest mode, check the box for ‘Put the connected console in rest mode.’
- Select OK. (The Remote Play screen will then exit and your phone/tablet will return to its initial screen before launching the app.)
Did this post help you to set up, cancel, and use PlayStation Remote Play on your gaming console? If so, kindly share it without people who might find it resourceful. We also recommend that you buy a PlayStation Backbone for USD 99.99, which serves as your game controller. It is compatible with Android smartphones and Apple iPhones.
Do not hesitate to share your experience in the comment section below and explore our homepage for other helpful articles.
Read Next: How to Use ChatGPT Plugins.